Cloud Alternatives for Your Precious Memories
No monthly storage fees. High resolution content. Access anywhere.
Take control. It’s time to own your digital content.
The cloud can be incredibly valuable. It can give you peace of mind about your photos and important documents, knowing there’s a copy out there somewhere. But as more cloud services begin to charge a monthly storage fee, it’s worth reconsidering where you store and back up your most precious memories. Apart from ongoing and potentially expensive monthly storage fees, let’s take a look at other factors to consider when deciding where to store your digital content.
Can I backup all my content to the cloud?
Once you exceed a certain storage amount on your cloud account, you may not be able to back up additional files if you don’t accept cloud service providers’ monthly storage fees. Eliminate the risk and ensure your important memories and files stay close by storing them on devices you own and control.
Can I view my photos in full resolution?
You can upload the best quality images from your smartphone or camera, but image quality may be downsized when you view or share photos or videos stored on the cloud. Being able to access anywhere isn’t so great if you’re not seeing original quality.
Should I pay rent to store my personal backup?
Even if you’re already subscribed to a cloud service, how confident are you that those costs won’t rise? And don’t forget, you’ll be paying those monthly storage fees year after year. These are your photos, videos and files. Why pay rent to store them?
Own Your Digital Content
Western Digital offers alternatives to cloud storage solutions from our WD and SanDisk brands to give you control over your digital life. By investing in a physical storage device that you own, and taking a few simple steps to set up, you’ll be in control of your digital content.
No Monthly Storage Fees
Forget about monthly storage fees or surprise cost increases. Don’t pay ongoing fees when you can own your storage.
Enjoy your content in its original quality, not anything less. Your memories deserve to shine.
Peace of mind knowing your personal content is safely backed up on storage you can see, hold, and trust.
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution. That’s why we have three.
Let’s face it, no one else is going to care about those graduation photos, videos of your baby’s firsts, or that amazing family reunion, the way you will. And because there’s no one-size-fits-all solution, Western Digital has three.
Home Is Where the Cloud Is
Finally. Save Everything In One Place. Your Place.
It’s right there on your desktop. Your precious photos, documents, and projects reliably stored with easy access. WD’s My Cloud Home personal cloud storage gives you the cloud services you really want, right on your desk.
WD My Cloud Home Features:
- Effortless syncing and backup for multiple devices
- Privately share your content with friends and family
- Collaborate on a document, in the next room or the next continent
Every Great Adventure Needs a Passport
Explore Now. Reminisce Later.
Save, access, and help protect the content that matters to you with the WD My Passport SSD (solid-state drive), giving you read speeds of up to 1050MB/s2 and write speeds of up to 1000MB/s2 with NVMe™ (nonvolatile memory express) technology. Keep your productivity flowing with password enabled hardware encryption in a sleek, durable metal design.3 Easy to use. Blazing fast.
WD My Passport SSD Features:
Wherever You Roam, Access Your Memories In a Flash
Free To Move. Free To Create.
Whether you’re creating content for your social sites or vlog or sharing photos and videos with friends, the SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Luxe is the all-metal casing 2-in-1 flash drive that helps you seamlessly access and move files between your mobile devices and your Mac computers.
SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Luxe Features:
- Two connectors so you can easily move files between your iPhone, iPad Pro, Mac, and USB Type-C™ devices, including Android™ phones4
- High-speed USB 3.0 connector to transfer content quickly to your USB Type-C computer
- No internet required to transfer files to easily free up space on your device
Your content. Your choice.
Here’s a quick and handy guide to help you decide which solution is best for you.
Ready to take back your digital content?
Forget monthly storage fees. Backup your precious memories on devices you own today.
- As used for storage capacity, 1GB = one billion bytes and 1TB = one trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less depending on operating environment.
- As used for transfer rate, 1 MB/s = one million bytes per second. Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon host device, usage conditions, drive capacity, and other factors. Test system configuration: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING ASSEMBLEED PC (Asmedia USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller), 1TB WD_Black SN750 NVMe™ SSD, Intel® Core™ i7-7700 CPU @ 4.20GHz, Windows® 10 Professional (64-bit)
- Internet activation required
- App or Cloud account registration may be required. Apps and Cloud services may be changed, terminated or interrupted at any time and may vary by country.