TERMS & CONDITIONS
The consumer promotion contest, WD Buy, Share & Win Contest (“Promotion”) is sponsored by Western Digital UK Limited, Hamilton House, Regent Park, Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7PL, GB, United Kingdom (“Sponsor”) and administered by Momentum Communications India Pvt. Ltd. (“Administrator”). Participation in the Promotion constitutes an entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as stated in these Official Rules. Participating in the Promotion is voluntary and all products from the outlets will be available without participation in the Promotion. All applicable national, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. This offer is not applicable in Tamil Nadu.
The Promotion is open to all people residing in India of the age of 18 years and above as of 1st of October 2020 and is a legal resident of India. The definition of “person resident of India” will be in context with the applicable laws of the Republic Of India. Officers, directors, and employees of Sponsor and Administrator, the Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, suppliers, agents, advertising and promotion agencies, those involved in the execution and administration of the Promotion and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter or win.
The Promotion begins on 1st of October, 2020 and ends on 15th of March, 2021 (“Promotion Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER & PARTICIPATE:
- To enter Participants must purchase any qualifying WD product of select capacities as listed in Annexure ‘A’ below (“Eligible Products”).
- Participant must scratch the sticker on the product packaging to obtain the promo code.
- Participant has to visit www.wdcontest.win, enter the promo code, register on the website and fill the required details.
- Any attempt to gain participation in the Promotion on www.wdcontest.win without satisfying the requirements mentioned in Section 3.1 to Section 3.3 above, shall be deemed invalid.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Each promo code can be accessed by scratching the sticker on the product packaging of any Eligible Products.
- Each promo code can be used only once and will be accepted against the details of the participant entered on the website www.wdcontest.win.
- Participants must enter valid details at the time of registering on the website.
- All details entered as part of the Promotion must be original.
- Story must be in accordance with Sections 3.1 to 3.3 and must only be of minimum 30 words and not more than 200 words.
- Entries shall not contain material that violates the law or otherwise infringes any third party’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, intellectual property rights, or any third-party proprietary rights.
- Entries cannot refer to any brand names other than those of Sponsor and cannot be confusingly similar to any third-party product names, brand names, or trademarks.
- Entries cannot contain material that is inappropriate, obscene, indecent, tortuous, offensive, violent, hateful, or defamatory, or that disparages Sponsor or contains any other content otherwise prohibited by or contrary to the laws of India.
- By submitting an Entry in accordance with Section 3 above and this Section 4, you hereby grant to Sponsor a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free and irrevocable license to display and reproduce your Entry on any Sponsored platform published by the Sponsor in connection with this Promotion. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may include credit attribution using your username in connection with the display or reproduction of your Entry and you agree that you waive all rights to review or approve the credit attribution format prior to publication. To the extent permitted by law, you hereby expressly waive your moral rights in relation to your Entry in favor of Sponsor. You further agree that you will not be entitled to any compensation or money in connection with the display or reproduction of your Entry by Sponsor. Your Entry may be stored on such platform published by the Sponsor after the close of the Promotion Period and you agree that Sponsor is under no obligation to remove your Entry from the same.
- Entry that is determined by the Sponsor or the Administrator in its sole discretion at any time during the Promotion to violate the Entry Requirements or these Official Rules, or to otherwise be unsuitable, offensive or in poor taste, may be rejected and the accompanying entrant is disqualified.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS:
- Sponsor or Administrator would not be responsible for any damage caused by any means to the sticker on the product package or the scratch code on the sticker making the scratch code illegible for the purpose of entering the contest.
- Each scratch code can be used only once for submitting an entry for the contest.
- Submission with an invalid scratch code will not be considered for the contest.
- Entries by participants who purchase any Eligible Product before 1st of October, 2020 and otherwise meet the contest entry requirements will be considered along with the contest entries received on 1st of October, 2020.
- Participants can submit maximum of one (1) completed entry during the entire Promotion Period.
- Any attempt by a person to use multiple names or email addresses to enter the Promotion in violation of the said maximum Entry limitation will result in immediate disqualification of entrant and will void all Entries submitted.
- In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a potential winner, the decision of the Administrator and the Sponsor shall be deemed final.
- Any attempted entry by means except as permitted in these Official Rules is prohibited and will void all submitted entries by that entrant.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process.
- The Consumer Promotion would close at midnight on 15th of March 2021 (Monday) and no entries would be accepted post this date.
- During the Promotion Period, one (1) entry would be selected every week as the Weekly Winning Entry (“Winner”) from the list of entries received on that particular week.
- The Winner will receive HP ENVY LAPTOP 13BA010TX.
- The MRP of HP ENVY LAPTOP 13BA010TX is INR 1,14,975/-, (as on 1st of October 2020)
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash and may not be transferred or substituted except that Sponsor may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize of equal value. All and/or any control, insurance, registration & delivery charges, government taxes on prizes (as applicable), shall be borne exclusively by each winner and all deductions (such as TDS), wherever applicable, shall be made by the Administrator in accordance with the provisions of the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961.
- All prizes are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsor. Merchandise prizes carry no warranty other than that offered by a manufacturer. Neither the Sponsor nor the Administrator has made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- WINNER SELECTION:
- Sponsor along with Administrator will select one (1) winning entry per week during the Promotional Period as the Winner.
- The decision of the Sponsor and the Administrator shall be final and binding and no correspondence or communication shall be entertained in this regard.
- The winner will be selected basis following criteria and corresponding weightage, Creativity and uniqueness of thought 30% -How unique and creative is the thought of the participant. Clarity 30% - How clear is the message coming across in the answer. Relevant to theme 40% - How relevant is the answer to the theme.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION:
- Administrator will contact the Weekly Winner via SMS or via a phone call to the mobile number associated with the Entry. Winner details will also be available on www.wdcontest.win
- The Administrator will not be liable in the event if the message does not reach such potential winner on any account whatsoever. Further, any complaints/grievance/claims, whether legal or commercial with regards to the said SMS message or phone call shall not be entertained by the Sponsor or the Administrator.
- In the event that any potential winner (i) cannot be contacted directly by Sponsor within 72 hours from initial attempted phone call or SMS or email; (ii) declines to accept the Prize; or (iii) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, the Sponsor in its sole discretion may disqualify that individual and notify the participant whose story has been judged as the next best. Alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend this Promotion or any part of this Promotion should any non-authorized intervention, network failure, data storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction or other cause beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or impairs the security, administration, fairness or operation of this Promotion. Sponsor will select potential winners from all the eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. Sponsor reserves the right to supplement or amend the Rules at any time.
- Sponsor reserves the right to correct typographical or clerical errors in any Promotion related materials.
- Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Promotion if, in its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, or if the entrant has repeatedly shown a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (i) in a manner Sponsor determines to be unfair or inequitable; (ii) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (iii) in any other disruptive manner. Any person attempting to defraud or tamper with this Promotion in any way will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Any failure by Sponsor to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of these Official Rules.
- The Sponsor and Administrator make no commitment, express or implied, to respond to any feedback, suggestion and, or queries of the entrant in any form whatsoever.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW OR SEEK ANY ADDITIONAL APPLICABLE LEGAL RECOURSE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & RELEASE:
- Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, undelivered, inaccurate, illegible or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) the downloading of any material in connection with this Promotion; (v) the cancellation of this Promotion or if a prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war (declared or undeclared), natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, riot or civil disturbance, satellite or equipment failure, federal, state or local law, order or regulation, public health crisis, or order of any court or any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (vi) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD SPONSOR AND EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES OF SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION AND FULFILLMENT AGENCIES HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. EACH PARTICIPANT ALSO AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD SPONSOR OR FACEBOOK HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
Except where prohibited by law, the Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes express permission for Sponsor to use winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, entry, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- GOVERNING LAW:
This Promotion is governed by the laws of the Republic of India and the courts of Delhi will have jurisdiction over all disputes that may arise out of and in relation to this Promotion.
By entering the Promotion, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Western Digital (UK) Ltd., Hamilton House, Regent Park, Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7 PL UK
Momentum Communications India Pvt. Ltd., Registered Office. 122, 1st Floor, Vipul Agora, MG Road, Gurgaon, Haryana 122002 India
© 2020 Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates. All rights reserved. WD, My Passport, Elements, My Book and My Cloud are registered trademarks or trademarks of Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. All other brand names are the property of their respective owners.
List of eligible products for the Promotion: New products would be added as when required.